09 December 2011

A Robe & Pajamas

Off white wool serge evening robe with navy piping - $547 French blue stripe pajama - $247, Red & blue paisley ascot - $128.50 Navy tipped cotton pocket square - $39.50 All by Paul Stuart. Navy monogrammed slippers by Edward Green - Models own.

Head of Paul Stuart's Custom Shop, Mark Rykken models Paul Stuart sleepwear at 45th and Madison Avenue...because I said so. The robe is Italian wool but is made on Paul Stuart's premises. It is a steal for what it is and where it's made. French blue & white awning stripe pajamas are 100% broadcloth and made in Canada, eh. A cotton tipped pocket square and paisley ascot round out the look with unneeded but refined flourish.

I know what you're going to say. Add the slippers and this is a considerable investment. However, if you're tired of seeing your husband roam your home in worn boxers and old college tee shirts -- this might be the solution you've been looking for.

9 comments:

Alice Olive said...

I'd like that robe for myself. (Oh, wait, that's not the point of holiday giving... Oh, well.)

Oyster Guy said...

Tin, I'd love Ms. Olive to have that robe for herself, too. If ya wanna start a collection, I'll contribute!

Common Boston Gentleman said...

A work of staggering genius.

LPC said...

This is genius.

Richard M said...

When did he leave Flusser?

tintin said...

Richard M- last March I think.

MP said...

MR and AF split summer of 2010. He went to PS in October of '10.

Kathleen said...

Actually, you don't know what I'm going to say. I was thinking about commenting about being tired of seeing/hearing "Canada, eh". I say that more Americans use this than Canadians. True - I'm a Canuck, so I know these things. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Any news about A defector's mysterious disappearance?